The MT KENT was built in 1948 by Richards Ironworks of Lowestoft for J. P. Knight, Rochester. The KENT began her life on the Medway berthing ships in the Port of Rochester and Sheerness. When the BP Refinery opened at the Isle of Grain it was the KENT who assisted the first British Tanker onto the berth. Over the years she was deployed in various locations with spells in Scotland, coastal and near continental towing. In the mid-80s, the KENT was taken out of service after working almost forty years. On the 3rd February 2003 the MT KENT was identified as meriting inclusion in the National Register of Historical Vessels of the United Kingdom. In 2007 she was presented with the Heritage Award by "The Institution of Diesel and Gas Turbine Engineers".
Master (1513 performance): Brian Clark